Saturday, March 3, 2012

Beautiful Beginnings

Last night, I was privileged to witness the humble beginnings of Perth's first Youth Poetry Slam, hosted by City of Stirling's Sasa Mentorship Program.

I truly cannot find the words to describe what a beautiful night it was. The brave and talented youth who shared a part of their soul through their poetic words left a lasting impression on us all.
I'm honestly struggling to write complete sentences when I'm still left with that sweet 'feeling', like that sweet after-taste that lingers in your mouth after eating something appetising...

Two of the poets who performed last night feature in the promo film about the event, which you can view from my YouTube channel. Also in this video, I recite my poem, "Mother" that can be found in my book.

I am so excited about what is to come!
If you would like to be kept up to date about upcoming events I'm involved in, follow me on Twitter or like my Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment