Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Chapter of Living

So I recently published my first book, Unveiling, which is a little bit like an 'autobiography', except that I decided to remain a bit of a mystery by instead sharing my life through my collection of poetry that I've written over the past 14 years. So while I believe my poetry does reflect my personal and spiritual growth, especially through the order I've placed them in, often poetry can be interpreted in various ways and thus they may be perceived differently from one reader to the next.

The past day or so, I was just remembering a statement made by one of my close friends, who was kind enough to proofread my book before I sent it for publishing. After reading the whole book, she said to me that when she got to the end, she couldn't help thinking, "What happen's next?"
Because like any life story, the story will continue until the traveller's last breath... 
(Actually, the story continues even after that last breath, but that's another discussion altogether.)

Thinking about all this just gave me an idea that I'm really excited about and that I plan to put into action very soon!

I've decided to add another chapter to my eBook - a unique chapter that will have no end (at least until my own end)! It will be a chapter that continues as my life continues, in which I will add new poems I've written that I wish to share after notable new experiences.

I'm not sure just yet if this will be possible, but being an eBook, I believe there may be some versatility to its design that is worth exploring...

Insha Allah Khair :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment