Monday, January 2, 2012

Writer's Block - be GONE!

I was just reflecting on how, up until 2007, I was writing almost every moment of the day. I was filling up notebook after notebook with my streams of consciousness, short stories and poetry. My mind was constantly awake, and would even awaken me in the middle of the night and urge me to write some significant thought that couldn't wait till the morning.

But since that fateful year of 2007, (I suppose because of the significant events of that year), suddenly the burning desire and 'need' to write just disappeared. And it just hasn't been the same since these past 4 years...

Nonetheless, instead of just sitting around as I have been, just thinking about how much I wish that damned disease of "Writer's Block" would just leave my system already, my intention for this new year of 2012 is
- force myself to write the moment some notable thought begins brewing in my mind; push myself to write until writing becomes second-nature once again, insha Allah...

Because I am realising that writing is a muscle that I have neglected for far too long. So until that muscle is fit and toned as it once was, I'm just going to have to, "fake it till I make it"! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment