Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Claustrophobia

In this multicultural society we live in, it's important to be aware that sometimes, modern fashion can be a source of trauma for certain individuals!

Let us examine this piece of jewellery I came across just moments earlier.


At first sight, my initial thought was: "Wow, how funky is my friend to have chosen such a unique item for an accessory."

So you can just imagine my surprise to suddenly hear our mutual friend, who was sitting between us when she noticed the ring for the first time, suddenly exclaim
that she was horrified by the ring, that just the sight of it made her feel trapped and claustrophobic!

Even after time passed and we all went back to our seperate areas in the office, just the memory of the ring drew out feelings of trauma, my poor friend muttering to herself, "I seriously feel like I can't breath. It makes me feel like my fingers are stuck."

Quite fascinating... People are funny creatures aren't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment